Electroplating is a process using metallic solutions, suspended in liquid form, which are then deposited onto base metal, through an electrolytic process.
Its purpose is to act as a filler medium for damaged surfaces caused by:
– Wear: in bearings, housings, bearing bushes/shells and crankshafts;
– Material failures: on machined surfaces
– Impacts (friction): hydraulic cylinder rods, drying cylinders and compressor cylinders.
Electroplating can be applied on the following base materials: Cast Iron, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Bronze and Chrome Materials.
The benefits of Electroplating are:
– Prevents disassembly of the equipment to be repaired;
– Execution of the procedure on-site.